Vladimir M. Berginer M.D., Ph.D. - Initiator and Chairman of the "David's
· Consulting Neurologist, Professor Emeritus of Ben Gurion University
of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
· Professor Associate University of Medicine and Pharmacology "Nicolae
Testimitanu", Kishinev, Republic of Moldova.
- Born November
7th, 1929 In Kishinev, Moldova. During world war II fled with family to
Kavukaz and Siberia, U.S.S.R. Returned to Kishinev in 1945.
- 1952 Graduated Faculty of Medicine, Kishinev University of Medicine
and Pharmacology (M.D.)
- 1955 - 1957 Trained in Neurology at the Institute of Neurology, Academy
of Medical Sciences, Moscow.
- 1966 - Ph. D.
- 1957 - 1973 Chief of Neurology Services, University Hospital No. 4,
Kishinev (former Jewish Hospital), Moldova.
- 1973 emigrated to Israel.
- 1974 - 1994 Senior Neurologist and Chief of Neurovascular Unit, Dept.
of Neurology, Soroka University Hospital, Beer Sheva, Associate Professor
of Neurology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the
Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
- Published more than 100 scientific papers, chapters in handbooks, a
monograph on treatment of neurological diseases. Discovered together with
Professor G. Salen a cure for Cerebrotendinous Xanthomatosis, previously
a lethal disease.
- Published Medical Archeology article on the medical aspects of the biblical
battle between David and Goliath.
- 1999 founded "David's Victory" Foundation.
- Married to Julia, father of two, grandfather of six, lives in Omer,